How to Prevent Cell Phone Tapping
With your cell phone, you’re able to get connected to the world, but did you know that you can also be a subject for surveillance with this thing that lets you keep in touch with your loved ones? It can happen without you feeling that there is something wrong going on.
With the rise of mobile technology, eavesdropping has become easier. It’s not just a matter of simple wireless tapping, but it’s more a software installed on your mobile phone and that’s it, someone can actually listen, and record your conversations. Remember the post we’ve written on how to spy on a cell phone using mobile spy software? It can be very worrisome, right?
So how do we go about preventing cell phone tapping? Well we’ve prepared something for you to know how to prevent cellphone tapping so just read on.
Cellphone Tapping Signs
Before we go about how to prevent cellphone tapping, one should know first what some of the common cellphone tapping signs are. Detect whether your cellphone is being tapped. See the signs below:
- You hear strange noises or clicking sounds when you’re talking on the handset.
- You experience having trouble turning it off or it stays lit up.
- Your cell phone suddenly lights up without doing much on it like making calls.
- Your cellphone reduces battery charge than its usual battery life or unusually warm without doing much on your handset.
How to Prevent Cellphone Tapping
Now that you know what some of the cellphone tapping signs are, it’s time to learn how to protect your handsets and how to get rid of cellphone tapping.
- Bring your handset to your mobile phone provider and have them restore the factory settings and disable all the hidden software installed on your handset. Change your SIM cards and remove unnecessary contacts from your cell phone. Better yet, purchase a new cellphone with a new provider.
- Keep a close guard on your handset. Set a password for your mobile phone. Do not let anyone have access on your phone as setting up cellphone tapping can be done in less than two minutes.
- Disable and never accept any Bluetooth connections from untrusted parties unless you know who they are.
- Remove the battery when you are not using your handset. Doing this will prevent some of the spywares from operating as it doesn’t have a power source.
- Have good bug detector software to eliminate your handset from being monitored.
- Use the public phone or another mobile handset if you want to share confidential information with other people.
Reduce the instances of being cellphone tapped. Consider the tips on how to prevent cellphone tapping and you’ll be freed from worrying that someone is actually spying on your every activity with your mobile handset.
Filed under: Mobile Phones
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
You might also like
|How to Make a FaceTime Call on iPad 2 The FaceTime application is one of the excellent features a consumer can use on their iPad 2 as well...||Toshiba ZX900 Series CELL TV Watch everything in 3D with Toshiba ZX900 CELL TV. Just recently unveiled at the CES 2010, this Toshiba...||How to Download Music to Cell Phone Recently, with the smartphones becoming widely available as well as a lot of music applications that...||Nokia E5 Cell Phone – QWERTY Keyboard Handset A month ago we have posted about the Nokia C3, C6, and E5 mobile phones in our previous articles. Now,...|