Asus, the Taiwan-centered manufacturer of laptop computers, is launching several notebooks under the Asus B series with “B” standing for business. The Asus B Series notebooks are yet another laptop line joining some of the HP notebooks in featuring the Boston-power’s Sonata batteries. Remember Sonata batteries have been very popular as they’re expected to triple the battery life of notebook batteries compared to the conventional laptop batteries? That’s what the series has to offer the consumers.
Under the Asus B series notebooks are the models B43 and B53 which will be available in 14.1 or 15.6-inch LCD screen. The models are also available for configurations with the following specs and features:
- Intel Core i5-520M or Core i7-620M processors
- Intel GMA HD for B53 only or ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 GPU
- 2GB or 4GB of DDR3 RAM
- 320GB hard disk drive
- 14.1 or 15.6-inch LCD panel at 1366 x 768 pixels
- ATI Eyefinity technology to support multiple external displays at once
- Spill proof keyboard and fingerprint reader
- Trusted Platform Mobile, Intel’s vPro, Anti-theft features
- Sonata Lifelong Battery (guaranteed to work at atleast 80% of its capacity for 3 years )
- Asus Xpress Charge which promises to charge laptop PC battery to 90 % capacity in 90 minutes.
As for the rest of the specs, the Asus B series notebooks will come packing with integrated DVD drive, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ and Bluetooth for connectivity, a 2 megapixel web camera, and Windows 7 Professional 64-bit operating system.
The B53 is expected to be landing anytime soon at a price of $1100 while we still have to wait for B43 to be priced and paired with a release date.