“NTLDR is Missing : Press any Key to Restart”, This is one of the common errors that you may encounter on your computer.
What is NTLDR ?
NTLDR is short for New Technology Loader, this file helps to display the Microsoft Windows NT start-up menu and also helps Windows NT to load.
If you encounter “NTLDR is Missing” error, just follow these steps to fix it.
- Boot your computer and go to your Bios setup. Just make sure that that the “first boot” on your BIOS setting is set to CD Drive.
- Now load your Windows XP CD into your CD Drive. Press F10 to save the new settings on your BIOS.
- Your computer will restart. You will see a message “Press any key to boot from CD”, Just press any key.
- At menu, press “R” to load the Recovery Console
- Select the installation to be fixed.
Assuming that your windows installation is on drive C and your CDROM is labeled as Drive D.
6. Type this command: “COPY D:\i386\ntldr C:\” and hit ENTER.
7. Type this command: “COPY D:\i386\ntdetect.com C:\” and hit ENTER. Now remove your WIndows XP CD and type “exit” and hit ENTER.
Your computer should be okay now. If you don’t have Windows XP CD, you may also copy the two files from another PC running on Windows XP. These files can be located in the root folder of the operating system. Hope this helps!